Kiwi kids news - Week 6
1. Which industry is considered to be the deadliest in New Zealand?
• a. fishing b. forestry c. dairy farming
2. True or false, the Government will introduce a new policy later this month which will require tourists to sit a driving test before being allowed to drive in New Zealand?
3. Which country is facing allegations of bribery after winning the rights to host the 2022 football World Cup? • a. Australia b. Japan c. Qatar
4. What have police announced they will be introducing to combat speeding?
• a. 200 new road patrol officers that will target known speeding areas
• b. new digital speed cameras that will be introduced across the country
• c. a new law allowing them to confiscate cars from drivers who receive more than two speeding fines in a week
5. The Taliban terrorist group released a video showing the return of a captured American soldier to US forces. What did they swap him for?
• a. five Taliban members that were detained by the US
• b. weapons - guns and explosives
• c. two Black Hawk helicopters
6. Who said the following in an interview last week: “Here’s the thing, if we are not in it we will never be in it ever again”?
• a. John Key (politician)
• b. Peter Jackson (movie director)
• c. Grant Dalton (sailor)
7. Why has a Coromandel dairy farmer received a $52,500 fine recently?
• a. discharging effluent into a waterway that flows into a harbour
• b. for not providing enough feed for his animals
• c. using water from a local river from irrigation without council consent
8.True or false, Nigeria has banned protests in the capital by supporters of the 200 kidnapped schoolgirls?
9.How many states does the United States have?
• a. 48
• b. 50
• c. 52
10.Basketball hero Steven Adams returned home to New Zealand last week after his team Oklahoma City Thunder were knocked out of the competition. What food did he say he was craving when he arrived?
• a. a pie
• b. roast lamb
• c. fish and chips
It doesn’t say
The 50 States Of United States Of America