Pages

Friday 14 March 2014

My Book Review Of The Stolen Baseball Cards

Title: The Case Of The Stolen Baseball Cards  
Author: James Preller
Illustrator: (if applicable) John Speirs and The cover Illustrator R.W. Alley
Lead Character/s?   Eddie Becker, Mila, Ms. Gleason, Bigs Maloney, Kim Lewis,  Jigsaw Jones and “The Phantom”
What is the storyline or plot?  
When Eddie's baseball cards are missing, Jigsaw steps up to the plate. He's no rookie detective! Solving this case is sure to send Jigsaw and Mila straight to the Detective's Hall of Fame.


Did you like this novel Yes/No Why?
Whenever I read this book it makes me feel pleased because it is a really good mystery book. It tells you what happened and then it uses victims and then they found out who it is and how they did it.  


Your opinion – Why did you like/dislike it?
This book is a fantastic mystery book. It tells you what happened and then it uses victims and then they found out who it is and how they did it.  To me that is what a good mystery book needs.


What was your favourite part? And why?
My favourite part was when Jigsaw jones got told by Bigs maloney to wrestle him so they had a game and then Bigs pinned Jigsaw to the ground. That part was hilarious.  


If you could change something what would it be and why?


Well I would change nothing. The book is perfect the way it , I love the way it is set out and the way the events are placed so I change absolutely nothing.


Did you like the character/s?
Yes I thought the characters were well thought and the characteristics of them were fabulous. My favourite character is Mila. Mila is like a tomboy that is not afraid of a little rough and tumble.  


What is your recommendation?
People who like mysteries and has a funny sense of humor
List at least 5 adjectives you would use to describe this text:
Hilarious, Mysterious, Humorous, Detailed. Cool


What type of language does it use?
Descriptive
Does it use technical language, complex language or colloquial (everyday) language?
It uses all the types but mostly slang like sup bro what yo up to


Does the level of language make it easy or difficult for the reader to follow?
It makes the it easier to read.


Review Writing


The case of the stolen baseball cards.pngThe Case of The Stolen Baseball cards is a fantastic read. It is written by James Preller. The illustrators are John Speirs and the cover Illustrator is R.W. Alley.


The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards is a fantastic mystery book because it has everything a mystery book should have. For a mystery book to be good it needs a good introduction and a good mystery to solve. For me The Case of the Stolen Baseball cards is a really good mystery. To make a good mystery   Whenever I read this book it makes me feel pleased. It tells you what happened and it has a good method of solving the mystery. It is an awesome read.


My favourite part was when 2 young boys called Jigsaw Jones went over to Bigs Maloney’s house to ask some questions about the case. Bigs maloney was wearing the most ridiculous thing ever. What was he wearing? I’m not telling. After some of the questions Bigs told Jigsaw to wrestle so they did. Bigs pinned Jigsaw jones down. That must of been embarrassing for Jigsaw but it was hilarious.


I thought the characters were well thought because the characteristics of them were fabulous. The names of them were cool and their personality was awesome. My favourite character is Mila. Mila is like a tom-boy that is not afraid of a little rough and tumble and she is always on the case.


If I had to change something it would be nothing. The book is perfect the way it, I love the way it is set out and the way the events are placed so I would change absolutely nothing. I like it the way it is. I recommend this book for someone who likes kids mysteries. It could be a teenager or an adult who likes kids mysteries.

If I had to rate the book it would be 5 out of 5. 

The End






No comments:

Post a Comment