Pages

Monday 24 February 2014

Empathy

Our Inquiry for today is Empathy. Empathy is putting yourself in other peoples shoes. I worked with Taeshell  and Cheyanne.

WALT: Comprehend concepts related
to mental health and emotional promotion.
What is empathy?
Empathy is about putting yourself in other people’s shoes, such as knowing how they are feeling.
Why is it important to show empathy toward others?
It is important to show Empathy towards others because is shows you respect them and their feelings.
What does it mean to “put yourself in someone else’s shoes”?
It means to know how they are feeling and what they’re emotions are.
What does that have to do with empathy?
Empathy is when you know what other people are feeling and what they are going through.
What can you do to show empathy toward another person?
You can help them with anything and be kind to them.
Make a popplet or Google drawing a displaying ways that you can reach out to others.


Think of a time when you hurt someone’s feelings. Describe what happened. I hurt my little sister and I got in trouble with my dad. I was grounded for 3 days.
How did you know you hurt the person’s feelings? they cry or get angry at you because of what you have done to them.  
How did you feel about the situation?
I feel like taking everything i said or did to them and say nothing instead.
What did you do to make the situation better?
I say i’m sorry and hope they will forgive me.
Discuss how you think your school would change if all of the students showed empathy toward each other. I think it will change into a really good school, everyone will be happy and will always be nice to one another
Do you think it would be a big change or a small ? I think it will be a huge change for Pt England  
Why do you think so?  I think this because Pt England school



 

No comments:

Post a Comment