1. George was driving to Lake Taupo from Auckland. Lake Taupo is 407 kms away from Auckland and he had to do the trip three times a week for work. Assuming there are 4 weeks in a month. How many kms did he drive in total in 1 month?
2. Janine had 17 jars of jelly beans each with with 364 jelly beans inside. How many jelly beans did she have in total?
3. The temperature on Mercury is 206 degrees celsius. However the sun is 14 x that temperature. How hot is the sun?
2884 degrees celsius
4. Jake had $675 to go shopping for his birthday. He shared his birthday money between himself and 2 of his friends, how much money did each of them get?
5. Mike had 275mls of milk in his carton. He drank this amount of milk 3 times a week. How much milk does Mike drink in one week?
What about two weeks?
6. Jane bought two new pairs of shoes every 3 months. How many pairs of shoes did she have after one year?
16 new pairs of shoes
9. The class table was 600cm. The table was shared between 12 students. How many cm of the table did each student have to use?
50 cm each
10. Michael knew that to qualify for the running championships he would need to beat 13.2 seconds to run 150 meters.
Michael ran everyday for one year. How many meters did he run in total?
What about only six months?
11. Jane knew that her parents would deposit $1.50 per day in to her bank account. How much money was in her account after 3 years?
What about 12 years? 6468